The One True God

1 Timothy 2:5
“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” 
Isaiah 44:6
“Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I amthe last; and beside me there is no God.” 

King James Version (KJV)
Isaiah 43:11
“I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.” 
1 Corinthians 8:6
“But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” 
Deuteronomy 6:4
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:” 
James 2:19
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” 
Isaiah 43:10
“Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” 
Revelation 1:8
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” 
Jude 1:25
“To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” 
Isaiah 42:8
“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.” 
Mark 12:29
“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:” 
John 10:30
“I and my Father are one.” 
Sigmund Freud, as most know, is best known for developing the psycho- analytic approach to psychology, however, It is probably a little known fact that Sigmund Freud was by hobby, an Egyptologist who made a significantly important connection between the Egyptians and the Israelites in regards to monotheism: the worship of one God. 
In a perfect historical time line the arrival of the children of Israel in Egypt would be around 1080 BC, which puts the exodus of the children of Israel around 1480 BC. Moses was 80 at the time.
The Egyptian emperor Akhenaten ruled Egypt for seventeen years passing away around 1336 BC which places him one hundred years before Moses and in the last quarter of the Israeli settlement in Egypt.
To further validate or disprove the time line in an effort to clear up any Hollywood misinformation, Ramses II is often credited theatrically as the Pharaoh in the Exodus story but, historical records puts Ramses II living around 1123 BC to 1213 BC which is a couple of hundred years before the historically perfect exodus time frame.
The fact is, that Ramses II was one of the most powerful and longest reigning emperors of the new kingdom and many emperors after took his name in honor of him so, the Ramses in the exodus story could have been one of many. 
What Akhenaten was most noted for was that he abandoned the traditional polytheistic (worship of many Gods) view of Egypt for a one God system. The name of Akhenaten’s one God was Aten and was represented by the sun making it what is called heliotheism which is the worship of the sun.
This is the connection that Freud made between the Egyptians and the children of Israel. The children of Israel, historically speaking, were at one time indigenous to the worship of a one God system.
There is much speculation as to whether or not Akhenaten stole the idea from Israel or that Moses stole the idea from Akhenaten. Either way, the concept was revolutionary and I feel, crucial to the evolution of spirituality. 
The awareness of the Egyptians did come to be that there was one God that ruled over all other Gods though they still continued to worship their many Gods.
If I were to describe how this would feel mentally, I would say. That the many Gods of Egypt were the aspects of the psyche that the people cling to through superstition while being ever aware that there was indeed one true God that came before them all who is the first and the last as spoken by the prophet Isaiah and, what God gave unto Moses, the Torah, was the most powerful weapon that the children of Israel carried across the Jordan with them into the land of Canaan. The unity of the one true God in there souls would give them prevalence for as long as they kept the law.

Salutation pending
Johnny R Draper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Intimate Death

The Molok

To Profile Possession